Tips To Survive Payer Audits And To Protect Your Practice From Losing Dollars And Appeals...
The Hospital Medicine specialty is one of the fastest growing medical specialties in the country. Hospitalists face significant challenges in the management of inpatients whose treatments and management often extends to skilled nursing facilities, critical care, and observation areas and, in some cases, office or clinic management. As the potential for use of so many code sets exists, hospitalists are at high risk for coding errors. Unlike many other medical specialties, hospitalists often assign their own codes without an understanding of the many nuances that govern how levels are determined and claims are paid.
Register now with this 60-minute audio event where our expert speaker Caral Edelberg, CPC, CPMA, CAC, CCS-P, CHC, will provide you insights on the high risk of coding areas that you routinely manage with special emphasis on critical care, prolonged services and the high level initial and subsequent level visits that have the highest risk for payer audit if not coded correctly. Ms. Edelberg will provide vital information on documenting those acute unforeseen problems during a routine hospital stay and how to use supporting rationale for diagnostic studies and orders for medications, consults and treatment for unforeseen problems. Also get a plan for managing payer audits in which Ms. Edelberg will discuss about instituting corrective action with physicians and coders.
Take A Look At What's Included In This Power Packed Session:
- Get an overview of the audit process and how to meet payer deadlines for response
- Learn how to investigate payer claims of inappropriate coding and respond with strong arguments and supporting information to defend your case
- Understand how to build your documentation to support the services you provide and AVOID audits
- Know the key elements of each inpatient level and how to avoid over-coding when documentation doesn’t meet coding requirements
- Learn how to recognize and document critical care and when NOT to code for these services
- Get it right when to bill for prolonged services and when documentation doesn’t support it.
- Discover key audit hot spots and how to avoid them before you are audited
Ask a question at the Q&A session following the live event and get advice unique to your situation, directly from our expert speaker.
Who should attend? Hospital Medicine physicians (Hospitalists); coding professionals, compliance officers, auditors, billing/claims management staff.
Order Above or Call 866-458-2965 Today!
About the Speaker:
Caral Edelberg, CPC, CPMA, CAC, CCS-P, CHC is President of Edelberg Compliance Associates in Baton Rouge, LA. Caral is a certified coder, auditor and compliance professional. She is a member of the Coding and Nomenclature Advisory Committee for the American College of Emergency Physicians, a member of the Board of Directors for the Emergency Department Practice Management Association, a member of the Editorial Advisory Boards of ED Coding Alert and ED Management. Caral is an AHIMA certified ICD-10 Instructor, author and presenter in Compliance, Emergency Medicine, Ambulance/EMS and Hospital Medicine.