Understand the Complexity of Ob-Gyn Surgical Anatomy and Terminology
To understand surgical ob-gyn operative report, you need to know anatomy — not only for procedure coding but to pinpoint that ultra specific diagnostic code. This is significant when physicians perform more complicated procedures in contiguous areas, and you have to decide if you can bill additional procedures.
Join expert presenter, Melanie Witt, RN, CPC, COBGC, MA, in this action-packed event to stay current with surgical anatomy and terminology. This informative event will provide you with helpful coding tips to make your job easier. Save your time with these tips and get paid faster.
This session will help you:
- Determine when to use the site-specific codes for lesion removal.
- Highlight these anatomic landmarks that indicate a physician performed a procedure.
- Is your surgeon using terminology not in CPT? Translate these latest surgical terms into definitive CPT codes.
- Understand the special coding issues related to anatomic sites for more accurate billing.
- Draw a line from your anatomical knowledge to that ultra-specific diagnostic code.
Ask a question at the Q&A session following the live event and get advice unique to your situation, directly from our expert speaker.
Who should attend?
Coders, billers, providers, practice managers in ob-gyn and family practice
Order Above or Call 866-458-2965 Today!
About the Speaker:
Melanie Witt, RN, CPC, COBGC, MA is an independent coding education consultant and a well-known speaker and recognized expert in the area of coding and reimbursement for ob-gyn services. She is the former program manager of the Department of Coding and Nomenclature at the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. Witt is also the consulting editor for Ob-Gyn Coding Alert.