This conference originally aired on: 02/24/2009.
One modifier could save you thousands in drug-waste dollars.
Coding mistakes can cost oncology practices one-third of their rightful drug reimbursement. But if you know all the ins and outs of coding drug waste — including modifier JW rules — as well as off-label use, you’ll be on your way to getting the most bang for your drug-billing buck.
Join coding expert Brenda Chidester, CPC, CCS-P, for this 1 hour audioconference, where you'll learn tips you can’t afford to miss if you code for oncology drugs. You’ll come away with the strategies you need for spotless claims, even for the most troublesome oncology coding offenders.
- Separate modifier JW fact from fiction.
- Wondering which drugs have “waste” per administration? We will review some of the top drugs.
- Do you know the latest non-FDA approved treatments -- and what they mean for your claims.
- Can you apply Medicare waste rules to private payer claims?
- Learn the easiest way to keep up with the clinical trials that are right for your practice.
- Easy steps to properly report multiple wasted drugs per claim.
- Charging the patient for wasted drugs: Smart move or asking for disaster?
Who should attend? Oncology coders, billers, office managers, practice managers, physicians, and nurses.