Preparing Now for ICD-10
Join Certified ICD-10 Trainer, Malinda Stanley, RHIA, MPA, CPC, CPC-I, for this 1-hour audio conference to get the rundown on the International Classification of Diseases (ICD) 10th revision and the reasons for moving to ICD-10.
Malinda will show you what implications the differences between ICD-10-CM, ICD-10-PCS and ICD-9 may have for billing, reimbursement, data collection and reporting
PLUS: Malinda will provide you with multiple resources to learn more about ICD-10 and keep up with changes even before it’s implemented.Here's a look at what you'll learn:
- Brief history of ICD-10 and the purpose for the transition
- Malinda will give you the breakdown on:
- General Equivalence Mappings (GEMS),
- HIPAA Version 5010 (and how it relates to ICD-10)
- MS-DRG Mapping
- The who, what, when and how:
- Who should be involved
- What the cost projections of the transition are
- When the transition from ICD-9 to ICD-10 should begin
- How to implement transition.
- Could the transition be simultaneous with the implementation of electronic health records?
- What does the future look like?
- Will all coders have to be certified to code ICD-10?
- What happens to our non-certified coders who are long-term employees?
- How long does the training take?
- Where can I get the training?
- How do I find credible resources to learn more about ICD-10 and itimplementation?
- Relax: Malinda has the answer